Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Final Countdown

Just over 12 hours until Neil gets evicted. He received his final eviction notice today. Unless he miraculously is gone by tomorrow, we do this thing at 0845. 

As expected my emotions have been all over the map today. I’m in a “good” space now. Lots of intentional pauses, breath-work, and meditation for me through the day. 

And of course some laughter …

I’ve variations of this conversation over the years anytime there’s a procedure taking place. I had it twice in the last 48 hours. 

Nurse: Your last menstrual cycle was 2006?
Me: Yes. 
Nurse: you don’t have a period?
Me: No. 
Nurse: There’s no chance you’re pregnant?
Me:😳😳 Absolutely not. 
Nurse: Well we still have to do blood work because if your age. Just in case. 
Me: I get that you’re doing your job and following the guidelines, but if I’m pregnant, you can give your two weeks notice because I’m going to be making bank and I’ll cut you in. I had my tubes tied in 2003.  I went through chemo induced ovarian failure and menopause in 2006. I haven’t had sex since 2009. If I’m pregnant I’m going to be getting book deals, movie deals, you name it. But, I get it. You’re doing job. 

It makes me laugh. Every time. Seriously. I KNOW I’m not the only one. It’s not that uncommon these days for younger women to have lady bits that definitely are NOT making babies. 

Also, removing a nose ring with these nubbins took some creativity. Thank goodness I have just about every type of tweezers and forceps on the market to handle ALL the tasks not suited for nubbins. 😂🤣

Let’s do this!

Persevere. Rock on. 

💋🤘🏼


No comments: