Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Stress’s Physical Body Manifestations

This was an “enlightening” Brené Brown podcast and I may read the book now. 

I like Brené, but haven’t listened to her podcast. It was Universally placed in my sight line today after a “reeling” 48 hours of 💡 💡 💡 moments.  I was meant to listen to this. 

In the podcast they discuss how stress can manifest in physical ways in our body, after the stressor has been removed and we “think/thought” we’ve dealt with it. 

Many times, I’ve discussed here how stress is a disease trigger for many of us. Interestingly, I had become a self proclaimed pro at managing stress now. 

2020 has taught me different. Not in relation to all the crazy shit that’s going on in the world - NO! Instead I have been educated on how I was (or wasn’t) managing my stress prior to 2020 starting. I thought I was listening to my body - now 11 months into the year ... 11 months dealing with THE MOST grueling and painful ulcers, in places I’ve NEVER had them in 18 years with Scleroderma - I have FINALLY discovered that I was NOT and my body had to SCREAM at me to be heard. 

11 months, y’all. The final realization, awareness, smack upside the head and the hindsight that go with it are trippy ... fo’ sho’. 

I feel like “White Men Can’t Jump” ... where they are arguing over the difference between listen to and hearing Jimi Hendrix. 

Anyway ... have a listen. To the podcast. Or Jimi. Or both. Whatever shakes your tail feathers. 

Persevere. Rock on. 

💋🤘🏼




No comments: