Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Veterans Day Reflections

I shared the below post on my social media page 4 years ago. It will always ring true. 


At age 17 I made one of THE most important decisions of my life. Unbeknownst to me, this would the first decision that would ultimately save my life by setting my journey on a course that would one day allow me to be “in the right place at the right time.” 


We can never know how any decisions we make will play out. We do the best we can in the moment, hoping that one day, we can look back, when hindsight is 20/20, and that things played out in our favor. 


I can sit here and re-play so many moments from that day in my head. Very cognizant of the fact that had I chosen the alternate option available to me at the time, there’s an extremely high probability I would not be here, writing this post today. 


Days and moments like these really can play on and challenge our beliefs and perspectives about life, purpose, Divine Intervention (or lack there of), The Universe, chance, timing, and so on. 


Happy Veterans Day, my Slayers and Slayer Lovers. 


Persevere. Rock on. 


💋🤘🏼

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️



(From 2016)


I'm gonna get all reflective on ya!  Surprised?  😉


As I see my timeline flooded with basic training pictures from all of my friends that have served and deserve to be honored on this and every Veteran's Day it makes me look back on my life and remember the exact day that I made the decision to join the military ... and THAT day was "THE" moment in my life.  That ONE moment that I can definitively look back upon and know down to my toenails that is was THE single most important decision for the rest of my life ... even in comparison to the fact that just 12 hours before the attacks of 9/11, I had plans to be at the WTC that morning...still...joining the AF is THAT ONE pivotal moment. 


I can't recall why I knew that "home" was not where I would stay.  I knew at an early age that I had to "get out".  On July 7th, 1994 I went to the recruiter and signed the papers.  I was ready a year before I even graduated from high school.


I've never looked back.  I've never regretted it.  In many ways THAT day and that decision saved my life.


I joined the military in part to see the world.  That didn't happen in my Air force career and though I was bitter at the time, I am ever so grateful now that I never did.  I landed right where I was supposed to.  I learned some great values.  I served a mission I am proud of and actually saved lives doing it.  I made great lifelong friends.  I have some great memories to include yelling at a Captain in the hospital and living to tell about it! 


Had my military career taken me where I originally wanted it to, I wouldn't have the people I have in my life and there's a possibility that I wouldn't have the health, as sketchy as it is, that I have today.  In "not getting what we wish for is sometimes a blessing in disguise" - had I traveled, I likely would not have been living in Maryland when I left the military and be fortunate enough to be referred to and have access to TThe Johns Hopkins Scleroderma Centerfor my treatment so early on in my diagnosis.


Interesting how Veteran's Day can make one thankful in such a different way. One decision made differently and our lives can/could be exponentially different than they are today.


Wander. Believe. Live. Dream (big dreams). Love. Grow.


Rock on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My little princess is so beautiful) I underwent using Dr Itua Herbal Medicine. I had a miscarriage 7 years ago. I still can’t hold back my tears when I remember that horrible period of my life. After my loss I couldn’t get back to life for a long time. I’m glad I have my husband. He gave me support I needed the most. Together we can do everything! We wanted to have kids for a really long time. We’ve gone through a lot, but if you want something badly, you’ll get it! I had to search online on how i can use herbal remedy due to my infertility then i came across Dr Itua how he cure all kind diseases and helped a lady from Kansas City to get pregnant so i contacted him on email,He gave me some guidelines to follow he also send me his herbal medicine via courier service which he instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks really i did and after 7 days of having intercourse with my husband few days later i noticed my period didn't come then i decided to go for check up i was pregnant with a baby,Dr Itua is a genuine miracle man..I've got pregnant from first attempt. We were over the moon! Our girls were born in May 2015. We've just celebrated their first birthday. Finally joy and peace came to our family.Here his Email/Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967/  drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com He cure the following...infertility Liver/kidney Inflammatory,Diabetes,Herpes Virus, Lupus, HPV, Cancer, Hiv/Aids, Hepatitis, Als, MS, Menstrual Cramp,  Fibroid.