Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Scleroderma Hack - TENS Unit for Drug Free Pain Relief

A couple weeks ago a friend and I were lamenting to each other of our struggles with acute pain. Though we suffer from different illnesses, we have many of the same symptoms. One of them being acute nerve pain. Her pain management doctor had recently set her up with a TENS unit and she said it’s made a world of difference. 

As I’ve been dealing with ulcer pain for the better of a year now and unhappy with having to occasionally use pharmaceutical pain meds, I did my research and figured I’d give it a try. One more tool in my kit can’t hurt. The infrared light, the acupressure tools, the CBD balm, and self massage all offer a smidge of pain relief throughout the day, but the nighttime can be a different story. Sometimes, even pain killers aren’t fully effective at night. Especially if I’ve had to resort to using them throughout the day, which I try to avoid if at all possible. 

So, after 3-4, nights of only 2-3 hour stretches of sleep plus the ongoing pain I was starting to “lose it” when this conversation took place. Like I said, I did my research, found one on Amazon with excellent reviews and then waited patiently for this little nugget of joy to  be arrive. By the time it arrived I was on 5-6 nights of virtually no sleep. It arrived early in the day, I charged it while reading the instructions, then hooked it up and found the setting that worked for me. Set the time for 60 minutes and laid down on the sofa. 



I woke up 4.5 hours later and felt like a brand new woman. 

Though it’s listed as helping circulation, due to the vibration factor, I I was concern going into this that it would initiate a Raynaud’s attack. So I believe it’s worth mentioning in my situation, it actually improved circulation like it claims. I have a toe on that same foot that I’ve been monitoring as it’s been more on the purple side and a bit sensitive to touch. The TENS unit reverses that. Not only while wearing it, but for an extended period after. 

Needless to say this has become a crucial device in getting through this last ulcer and I wish I would have had one 11 months ago. 

Now, it’s not 💯 for me. Some days it feels a little less effective and I struggle. Also, for whatever reason, for me, at night it doesn’t have the same effect. That’s OK. I’m far more amenable to pain meds once a day to sleep. As mornings bring excruciating pain, about an hour before I get up for the day I hook it up and let it work while I’m still “in and out”. Then, once I’m up, I put it in a makeshift fanny pack and wear it while I feed the horses. GAME. CHANGER. The morning before I tried this setup I whimpered and cried my way through chores and questioned WTF I’m doing living here. Now, all is right with the world again and I still love my ponies. 

Diet. Movement. Natural remedies. Rest. Listening to the body. Mother Nature. Science. Technology. ALL having pieces of the puzzle that allow me to ...

Persevere. Rock on. 

💋🤘🏼

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️
For TENS information, go here ...

Product link here
here

No comments: