Thursday, October 8, 2020

Food Find - Huel Meal Replacement Powder

Today’s “Food Find” is meal replacement (of sorts) powder. The company is Huel - again, I’m getting nothing for sharing their product info with you. I’m sharing because it’s a product I use, I am good with the ingredients, and thus far it’s suiting my needs. 

Athletes and others probably use this to actually replace a meal or be an addition around workout time. I use it, not to replace a meal, but to bulk up my “whimpy” meals. One scoop, mixed with some water added to soups or meals with a sauce add 200 calories for me. That’s a good dose of calories for this lady trying get some weight back on these bones. 

There are a gazillion powders out there, why did I choose Huel? It was the only plant based product with ingredients that don’t freak me out, non-gmo, full of good for things AND it had “unsweetened and unflavored” as an option. I’m working hard to have little hacks like this to get extra calories in, but most meal replacement powders come flavored towards the sweet side. I don’t want sweet at dinner. I have a vanilla chai powder that I love, but I don’t love it for dinner. Huel’s “un” option as I call it allows for adding it to savory dishes. 

For example, last night I had a minestrone soup for dinner. I mixed the Huel with a little water, then added it to the soup. It then turns the soup into a “cream of” sort of texture. I added some seasonings and nutritional yeast bring the flavor profile up a bit. So far it’s been in good in everything I’ve concocted. 

The price point is a little startling, at first, but since I don’t use a full serving (2 scoops/400calories) often, it will last me awhile. Additionally, at the end of the day I would rather spend my money on good products, of all varieties, that help my health and quality of life, while being simple and easy to manage. Anything that makes things easier is always a win!

We gotta take care of ourselves. #1 priority. 

Persevere. Rock on. 

💋🤘🏼

No comments: