Friday, June 5, 2020

Go BIG and THEN go home

One of my favorite sayings in regards to my life is "go BIG and THEN go home" ... because thats just how things seem to work for me. Even when I have small things plans, it's not unusual for shit to spiral into something bigger and then when I make it through whatever it is, I HAVE to go home and rest, recuperate, and recover.

This will be no different. As of today, I have traveled to 49 of the 50 states. Alaska being the only one I'm missing. I've been putting it off because it will require significant planning to ensure I stay healthy and safe AND because I imagine it will be a once-in-a-lifetime trip - I'm going BIG and making sure I get as much of the experience as possible.

Thus far I had loosely planned to fly into one city, explore the state, and then fly home from another. Now that I have #roamingjoan in my life, the idea of flying anywhere just doesn't interest me. I've always loved to road trip and see everything there is to see along the way. That gets daunting and expensive when you are trying to cover a specific number of miles and/or reach a specific hotel on any given day. Camper travel opens the possibilities up SO much!

In 2022 I turn 45. What a great year to mark state #50 off my list? I've already given "the boss" my vacation notice that I will be taking the summer of 2022 off to make this trip happen.

I'm going BIG and THEN going home and resting, recuperating, and recovering.

Bat shit crazy? More than likely. Will it be easy? Absofreakinlutely NOT. Scleroderma slows me down in so many ways, every day. That doesn't mean I'm giving up on ALL of my dreams. Some, yes. Others, I adapt. I hack. I modify. I figure out how to make shit happen! Will there be days where camper life will be ALL I do? Sure will. That's why taking home on the road will be such a gift!

"Fight the good fight, to live the good life."

or ...

Persevere. Rock on.

πŸ’‹πŸ€˜πŸΌπŸ”

No comments: