Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Reflux Sux!

I hate being awakened in the middle of the night when I'm sleeping so soundly, by choking on reflux.  YUCK!

It doesn't happen often, as the Ambien usually keeps it at bay.  However, last night was quite a doozie.  My subconscious woke me up before I actually started choking.  I was somehow able to get my senses about me to not freak out and start gasping and choking and got myself in a vertical position to allow gravity to work it's magic.  Gravity works slowly with reflux.

Then, some of the acid hangs around in the back of the throat, burning and tasting disgusting and making me cough.  Again - YUCK! 

So, in the process of coughing and hacking to get the nasty crap out, my lung hurts today from all the extra activity and my throat hurts a little too.   I discovered a little bit of Robitussin helped the whole process!  It seemed to cling onto any remaining crap left hanging around and calmed the coughing.  Guess I shoulda tried that years ago!  Something definitely to keep in mind for next time!

The reflux spell kept me up until about 5 and then Lily thought that I needed to be awake to play kitten games at 10.

It's going to be a long day!

No comments: