Monday, January 10, 2022

Looking Forward

December 30, 2021

It’s been 15 days since Neil’s eviction. 

What a rollercoaster this year been. Especially the days surrounding the surgery. From “I should be able to do this with a scope - two small incisions. Worst case, because you are so small, maybe a three inch incision. You’ll get to leave the hospital on Day 4 - cancer free” to “I couldn’t get the tumor. I tried. The scar tissue was too bad.” to “pathology came back and what I took out WAS the tumor. It was just encapsulated in scar tissue, it didn’t present as the tumor initially AND the surrounding lymph nodes I took came back negative for cancer. WE GOT IT!” 

Four days? Nope. Nine. 

Two small incisions? Nope. 
A three inch incision? Nope. Seven inches and a “stab” wound, too. 

Shanked and shivved. You know - for that stint I did in prison. That’s what I’m going with. I’m tired of health stories. Let’s mix this one up. 

In all seriousness, it’s been an adventure. Once again, I’ve managed to kick ass. I’m home. I’m still healing. I’m healing well. AND I’m exhausted. Way more easily than I anticipated. I’m honoring what my body is telling me. I do what I can and rest the rest of the time. LOTS of chair yoga. Meditation. Journaling.  I’m surrounded with beautiful nature and the critters I love. 

One moment at a time. Persevering. Rocking on. Soft rock, maybe, but still doing this thing. 

Here’s to a quiet, yet well-lived 2022. 

💋🤘🏼

No comments: