Saturday, November 20, 2021

Ain’t Nobody Got Time for Raynaud’s

This isn’t completely accurate, the sun was NOT shining when I did chores this morning, but it was 68°. 

I did morning chores in a long sleeve ”thermal” top with no gloves/mittens and I was completely comfortable.  My hands were cool to the touch, but no color change and no pain. 

Last year, I would have bundled up and still been crying by the time I finished. Last year,  anything below 80° and I was miserable. Miserable. I would rush through chores and then rush to sit in front of myinfrared light with tears in my eyes as I tried to warm back up. We won’t even go into the months of the most horrible ulcers I’ve EVER had - on my feet. Had it not been for the barn partner I had last year, I would have had to hire help. I couldn’t walk a lot of days. 

The difference? Over the summer I caved and started talking Sildenafil. We all know that I fight tooth and nail to manage my health with no pharmaceuticals when it’s possible. 

Raynaud’s and GERD are the two still ”active” Scleroderma issues that I continue to struggle with. They are the only issues that I’ve not been able to fully control with diet and lifestyle. The GERD issues I manage with natural treatments, but the Raynaud’s has continued to be the problem child and like I said, last year was the worst it has EVER been. And I live in FLORIDA!

Right now, as much I don’t like it, I’m also very grateful for the meds that are keeping me active and functional. 

Ain’t nobody got time for that. I’ve got shit to do! Like a tumor to evict and horses to gentle. 






Ain’t nobody got time for that.

No comments: