Monday, January 11, 2021

Returning to Life

Happy Monday, my Slayers & Slayer Lovers! I hope everyone is well!

Life is finally returning to normal more and more every day. I’m down to just a nasty looking toe and my “normal” Scleroderma feet issues - which is to say: I’m functioning on my feet again in order to do life rather than being sofa bound like the previous 12 months. 

In the year of being sofa bound because of my feet and home bound because of COVID I’ve had a LOT of time in my head. A. LOT. That can be a dangerous place. As a result a lot of home plans have been formulated and new travel modes have been mulled around - let’s just say, I won’t be getting on a plane again anytime soon. Maybe ever. I’ve always been a road trip girl anyway.

Now that I’m mobile again, all of the plans can start to be put into motion. Slowly, still, as I still DO have crappy-ass hands AND feet. Starting small with daily outdoor time for yoga, journaling, and meditation - as the weather permits. Sometimes, it’s just sitting outside all bundled up, breathing in the fresh air and enjoying the sun on my face. Soon it will be hammock naps in the sun. It’s gardening. It’s creating inviting outdoor spaces to enjoy.  It’s weekly driving excursions. It’s having no pain and energy enough to groom my horse and finally get the burs out of her mane & beard. 

Gratitude is key. Gratitude for the ability to do these things I love again. Gratitude for the fact that, if I’m patient and ride the waves, those things are still waiting and available to me after all this time of being away and focusing solely (pun intended) on me and my healing journey, physically AND mentally. 

BIG LOVE to my girl for STILL coming to the fence for kisses, attention, and grooms after all this time. 

Persevere. Rock on!

šŸ’‹šŸ¤˜šŸ¼




No comments: