Saturday, August 6, 2011

Ouch

I've been dealing with a lot of finger pain the past couple of weeks. If you've been following along, you know that.

I finally broke down and took the pain meds. I wasn't taking them every 4-6 hours like prescribed. I was holding off and getting by with one a day. I could manage most of the day and get through until the afternoon before the pain was unbearable.

It's just a couple of ulcers, but they seem to be pretty deep. The pain from these seems to irritate and aggravate my arthritic knuckles, just adding to the fun.

Like I said, the meds were helping. Then, a family emergency with my kids' biological mom required me to drive my son to Nashville, meet my daughter there, then act as cheauffer for 2 1/2 days, to make sure they could see her. 1500 miles in 3 days, does not allow for pain meds.

I managed to work through or avoid at least three pain induced melt downs. I held it together to make sure the kids got what they needed.

Let me tell you what, though, I wasn't home for 1/2 an hour before I was headed for some relief. Thankfully, I've never gained a dependence for pain killers, but, I am thankful too that their IS such an awesome piece of medical relief.

Now, if I can ever get through my pain management book, I won't need the meds anymore.

Wish me luck!

No comments: