Friday, July 29, 2011

Blessings in Disguise

I was talking earlier with a sclero friend about how not being able to have children turned out to be a blessing disguise.

Every flare type situation that I've had in the past year and a half have made me think the the same thing about being on disability. I often times struggle with the fact that I no longer work outside the home. For a paycheck. I do volunteer work, but most of that is from home, aside from the 5 or eo hours a week I volunteer outside the house.

Regardless, the point is, I don't work anymore. Sometimes I still struggle with that. Worry that I should have a job. That I should fight and find a "LoJo friendly job" that would accommodate all of the things I can't do.

Blah. Blah. Blah.

The past couple of days have served to be unpleasant reminders of how being on disability might not be so bad.

Being able to take the pain meds that knock me out. Staying home in my pjs. In bed. Not having to worry that I missed deadlines or let teammates down. Not having to worry about taking sick leave or vacation time. Or worrying if I have enough to cover if Ivey sick again later in the year.or trying to struggle through work because I'm too stubborn about all of those things.

Maybe being on disability is a blessing in disguise.

Maybe.

No comments: