Sunday, July 24, 2011

Waste of Time and Money

While i understand the reasoning for the first follow-up visit after starting the new heart med ... let me tell you this:  it was a waste of time and money.

I was with the doctor for less than 15 minutes.  I was at the USF Health Center less than 45 minutes.  I wasn't even there long enough to be charged for parking.  That, I don't mind, but the rest could have been easily managed by a phone call or email.

Maybe I'm just too forward thinking.

The appointment was two weeks after I started the new med.  He listened to my heart.  Asked me a few questions about how I seemed to be tolerating the med.  Prescribed me the new dose and sent me on my way.  With a new appointment for one month.

We could have done all that over the phone and then he could have called my prescription into my pharmacy.

Saving him time to see other more important patients.  Saving me money on the visit and on gas.  Letting me sleep in.  Saving the planet from vehicle emissions and fuel usage.

Did I mention I get to go back in one month?

Yay!

No comments: