Thursday, July 1, 2010

One year later

Today marks the 1 year anniversary of having my index finger "lopped off."  

It's been an easy adjustment.  I wasn't really using it before I had it chopped off.  It always had a sore on it.  Hence, the chopping off!

I still get phantom feelings.  Sometimes I get the feeling that the finger is itchy.  The main nerve that used to run through it is still there.  It's just tucked into the remaining muscle in my hand.  So, there is the "phantom feeling" that it's still there.

The incision site is barely noticeable.  I can wiggle the bone that's still in my hand.  It feels very neat!

Most people don't even notice the finger is missing.  I think people can tell something is different.  They just aren't sure what.  You can notice they are trying to figure out what is "off," but unless I tell them, I don' think they notice.



No comments: