Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Good appointment

Saw the rheumatologist on Tuesday.  A good appointment!  What?  Say it isn't so!

Blood work looks good.  For the 2nd month in a row.  Have I mentioned that this is the first time in 5 years that I've been labeled with the word normal for anything?  Of course, I have.  Just re-iterating the point.

It seems great to say!

We decided to lower the prednisone.  In 3 months when I go back, if everything still looks good, we can stop it all together. 

We're keeping the amlodipine the same.  It's really helpful with the Raynaud's.  It tends to make me retain water in my ankles in the summer ... hence the cankles.  We've decided that the cankles aren't frequent enough and are manageable so I will continue this path.

I need to get my PFTs done in 3 months.  I'll be due for my cardiology appointment and will do another rheumy appointment at that time too.  Just to get it all done at the same time.

If they go well, I can move the next appointment out to 6 months.  6 MONTHS!!!  Again, over 5 years since there have 6 month appointments!   Holy crap on a cracker!

1 comment:

Sparrow said...

I loooooooooooove this post Lori!!!! I was so happy when you sent me the text about the appt! I cant even imagine how it felt to hear the news you got!

YAY YAY!!!

(and no, that wasn't yaya..those words would never come out of my mouth)

I love you!