Monday, September 14, 2020

No More Fitted Sheets - Sclero Hack

No muss, no fuss, no struggle bed making. Use a sleeping bag!

It’s not “Better Homes & Gardens” and yet, since I switched to this a few nights ago, life has improved a smidge in a couple areas. 

First, I move a lot in the night. I use the restroom at least once. Because of these I lose my blankets and have to get up to retrieve them or to remake the bed. As I result of this, I’ve added a heated mattress pad to the bed so I stay warm and don’t have Raynaud’s at night. 

Second, when my hands are sore just gripping blankets in general hurts. Making the bed throughout the night ANDin the morning is a chore. Let’s not talk about washing the linens and dealing with fitted sheets. 

So. I bought a sleeping bag. I’ve removed the heated mattress pad, the fitted sheet, and the blanket. Now I just have the comforter/bed spread on the bed and the sleeping bag on top. 

As I sleep in the sleeping bag, it moves with me. I keep the bottom and a smidge of the side zipped so it stays together. I stay warm. I stay covered. I’ve slept really well 2/3 of the nights I’ve been using it. 

When I get up in the morning I just spin it around to act as a blanket on the foot of the bed. Surprisingly, this is a great shift in the mood to start the day better - making the bed sets the tone and makes me feel like I’m starting off with my shit together.  https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=141COOdOdJieEPY0I4lhcTckWSfC2vUDu

The care is super easy. It’s machine washable. Wash. Dry. Put back on the bed. 

Boom. Done.

It’s the little things. 

Persevere. Rock on. 

💋🤘🏼

No comments: