Thursday, November 2, 2017

Esophagus Stretching

A week or so I had my first trip to the ER as a result of Scleroderma "complications". I got chicken stuck in my esophagus. They put me out, removed the blockage and I got to go home the next day. With discharge instructions to schedule an esophagus stretching procedure. The gastroenterologist on call was AWESOME and is now my GI doc.

Today was the esophagus procedure. It was my first and hopefully only!

To date, this has been the easiest, least stressful procedure I have undergone.

They got the IV into my one good tiny vein on the first try (can I take that guy with me for next week's surgery, too?). They opted to not intubate which means I didn't need the muscle relaxer that cause the muscle issues last time. I last looked at the clock in the procedure room at 1015 and I was opening my eyes again at 1030!

He didn't have to use a balloon to expand my esophagus because as he was probing around the constriction, it opened up on its own. I had no idea this was a thing, but I'll take it!
I'm home chilling and following orders to relax and not drive for 24 hours.

Persevere. Rock on, Loves!

No comments: