Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Stick A Fork in Me

Travel is always awesome. Always.

By the end of every trip, I end up worrying, though, that pushing my body this hard is a bad idea. I always know I'll pay for it for at least a couple of days. I prepare myself for that.

The man always says to keep moving. To do what I can. When I can. Rest when I need to.

So, I do. I do all of that. At home in the normal routine of life I do my daily things, get my PT in each week and try not to overdo it.

Apparently I save the overdoing it for travel. It's sad, though, because the overdoing it, really isn't DOING that much at all. In my mind anyway. Because I still think I should be able to do anything I could before. Even though my body knows I can't. My mind catches up with that later, when the aches and pains creep in.

At the end of it all, I ALWAYS have to thank my hubby. I wouldn't get to experience half of what I do if it weren't for him. He really does do all the heavy lifting. Literally. He pulls me up and down on things I could never maneuver alone, he keeps me steady, on my feet and not on my ass on the ground. He drove the ATV so I could experience some serious mud and fun in the countryside of PR. He lowers my butt onto the sand and hoists me back off my towel, so I can enjoy taking in some beach time. He drives to places most people walk to, in order to save my hips. And, he knows when to call it quits because I'm too stubborn to do it myself.

He knows when to call it quits and I don't. How is that? Because, he's never wrong. Every time I deny what he says and make him keep going, I REALLY pay for it later. How IS it that he knows and I don't?

Am I being reckless or just pushing that line? I guess if it doesn't make things worse. And if it does, there's nobody to blame and no turning back. Right?

Thank goodness for taking it easy after the fact and heating pads ... I'll be needing them both!

No comments: