Saturday, August 20, 2011

How Did a Semi Get in My Bedroom?

While my handshave been annoying, painful and definitely slowing me down, I've still been somewhat functioning. That is to say, I've managed to haul my ass out of bed and do some little things around the house. Yes, the ulcers suck, but life has still been pretty ok.

Imagine my surprise when I woke to go to the bathroom this morning and my body immediately started screaming at me. Before I even sat up. My shoulders are throbbing and my hands feel like water balloons, filled to their bursting point. Just ready to explode. Like they would feel so much relief if that pressure was released.

Where did that come from? I haven't had a surprise attack like this in awhile. Honestly, I don't remember any more recent than the flare during our move, early last year.

I've bitching and moaning about my hands and their horrible state. That was enough. More than enough.

Hubby came and worked some magic for me. He rubbed my shoulders and my hands. It hurts, but in a good way. Seems to relieve some of the pressure. While he was rubbing my hand I asked him to ease up on my pinky, it seemed more tender than the others and I didn't know why. His response ... "it couldn't be the huge ass ulcer on your knuckle. I thought those were supposed to get better when we moved to warmer weather."

They would be better if I didn't use my hands. If I sat around and did nothing, there would be no pressure on sensitive spots and likely less ulcers. His response to that notion was that, apparently, I'm supposed to sit home and eat Bon Bons all day.

Who knew?

Regardless, looks like this beautiful Saturday, with hubby off work, is going to be spent in bed. With little, if any, movement. Yay! Just what I wanted to do after being cooped up all week with sore fingers.

I'm on a roll!

No comments: