Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Aches and Pains

I'm noticing a deep ache in my hips tonight.  It's one I haven't felt in awhile.  Not like the morning stiffness and ache I get everyday until I'm up and moving.  This one is the deep one.  The one that might call for some meds and definitely a hot bath or the heating pad.  Maybe both.  Not at the same time, though.  ;-)

This feeling takes me back to a time when that's ALL I felt.  Every day.  24/7.

I'm thankful THAT time has passed.

Of course, anytime an old feeling like that reappears, it sends an instant, but brief, panicky feeling.  One that immediately initiates a few arrhythmia patterns.  Then I remind myself that:
a) I took yoga yesterday after being away for 9 days
b) I've been on my feet all day
c) The weather is REALLY cold right now.

All likely a good combination to irritate these hips.  Nothing to worry about.  Unless it lasts longer than a couple of days.

Hopefully it won't.  I doubt that it will.

No comments: