Saturday, October 16, 2010

Uh-oh ... Raynaud's

Well, Raynaud's nights have hit the Tampa area.  The weather cools down quite a bit at night now. 

I found out just how much after leaving a Sugarland concert tonight.

I wore jeans, flip-flops, and a short sleeved shirt.  Forgot my sweatshirt.  Forgot my mittens.  I remembered them all summer when we went to indoor events.  All summer I remembered that the a/c is a sure-fire way to kick off an episode.  That's a part of the reason I don't work right now.  The cool office temps and/or a/c are not my friends.

When we left for the concert it was in the 80s.  BEAUTIFUL weather.  I did think to grab my Snuggie out of the car when we got to the concert.  Just in case.  I ended up using it, too.  By the time we left the concert, it was 63.  By the time we got to the car, my hands, toes, and 1/2 way up my fore-arms were cold.  Not color changing cold, but right on the border.  A few more minutes and they would have been purple.

So, I guess now I need to start remembering to pack an extra change of clothes whenever we leave the house.

Oh, and I guess I have to go buy shoes.  Sneakers don't go with everything.

No comments: