Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Interrogation by Cardiologist

The cardiologist appointment today went rather well.

Aside from feeling like I was interrogated.  You know the kind where the interrogator asks the same question repeatedly until they break you into giving them the "correct" answer.

The cardiologist had looked over my records that had been faxed from Baltimore and was looking over the history I had completed and kept asking me about my breathing.  Like 5-7 times.

I know that my tests and such indicate that I "should" be having certain symptoms (i.e. breathing difficulties) but I'm just not.  I was worried he was going to keep asking until I relented and said "YES!  OK?  YES!  I HAVE BREATHING DIFFICULTIES!  IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR?"

Finally, he gave up.

He did an ekg and gave me the prescription that "the man" wanted me to have and told me I have to come back in 2 weeks to make sure I'm handling the med ok, get another echo to see if the med is helping and increase the med to the new dose.

This med starts at a low dose and works up.  So, it sounds like a lot of 2 week visits in the near future.

As long as there's no water-boarding, I'm ok with that.

So, that's 2 new pills to the cocktail everyday.  So, here's a tally for anyone that's counting ... I'm a whopping 34 years old and I take reflux meds, steroids, thyroid replacement, immune suppressors, baby aspirin, meds for circulation, heart meds, and I'm supposed to take calcium & vit D to keep my bone loss in check.

Not that I'm complaining OR counting.  It's much less than the 20+ I once took.

2 comments:

simone said...

Yeah for you - getting there!

I hate the shortness of breath questions. Compared to what?

I like specific scenarios... How many flights of steps? carrying a laundry basket? how long can you shop without looking for a chair? etc. etc.

I hope it works out with this guy!

simone said...

I take two Citracal - Petites - a day. Easier to swallow than some of the others...