Saturday, May 28, 2011

May 2011 - 6 month check-ups

I made it to MD safely.  Surprisingly, I had a rental car that had good steering and an ok steering wheel.  The rest of the car left a lot to be desired for "crappy-ass hand" friendliness.  It's ok though, I survived.

Airport security was ok.  My system got me through without holding up the line.  I didn't get bumped and bonked like normal.

No meltdowns.

The cardiologist appointments went ok.

My arrhythmias (extra heartbeats) are still there.  There are a lot less of them and they are stable.  So, the electrophysiologist is happy with that and I don't need to see him again unless they change.

My regular cardiologist up and retired right before my appointments and the new cardiologist wasn't in on the day I was there.  So, there was a bit of a situation with the results of my echo.   Initially, without comparing it to my previous echos, it looked like there was a significant weakening of my heart.  If you based that echo against a normal, healthy person that would be something to worry about.  Which, is what initially happened.

After further review and comparing to my previous results, the change from last time is so minute that it's barely noticeable.  So, a teeny teeny tiny bit of new weakening from what's already there, but nothing to be overly concerned with.

Not that I was anyway.  It is what it is.  I don't let that stuff bother me anymore.  It's annoying.  It's frustrating.  It gets old.  But, I can't erase it.  What's gonna happen is gonna happen.  We just deal with it as it comes.

So, anyway, because of the minor change in the echo, I will now be adding a beta blocker to medicine cocktail.  To help my heart do its job.

Yay.  (sarcasm)  I was hoping to talk "the man" into dropping a med or two.  Instead, I have to keep them and add another one.  Twice a day.  Again ... yay.

Oh well.  The count goes from 7 a day to 9.  It could be worse.  I could be back up to the 21 or 23 I took back when.

"The man" is pleased with everything else though.  Well, except the 5 ulcers.  But, they are clean and not infected.  He says I look good.  I feel good.

He told me to keep on with my therapies, they are good to keep me moving.  So I don't lose what I've got.

Now though, I need to find an internist and a cardiologist in my area to add to my medical team.  Someone for him to work with.   He wants me to have someone close by to go to should I need it.  That's much easier than trying to hop a plane to Baltimore in an emergency.

Let the search begin!

2 comments:

simone said...

After the HiCy I'm down to just seven prescription meds!!! And I'm thinking the lasix and potassium and maybe Valtrex pills will be the next to go.

The supplemental what-not (Calcium, VitD, probiotics, B6...) add more pills to the box. But as I'm approaching age 50 - I might have been taking those anyway.

Yes - I turn 49 this summer. How strange :-/

LoJo said...

Isn't it an awesome feeling to see those meds count decrease?

I'm so excited to see how well you progress, Simone!