Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Heading To See The Man

I have appointments next week to go see the man at Hopkins.  It's time for check-ups.  The first 6 month check-ups since I've had this blasted disease.

I also see the cardiologist on this visit.  I'm lucky enough now, that I'm on a 6 month plan with both doctors.  I can schedule them at the same time and only have to make one trip to Baltimore.

I think I'm battling ulcers on just about every finger and both elbows now.  Dealing with a new puppy is not helpful in that arena, but he keeps me moving and on the go, which IS helpful.  Sort of.

My shoulders are achier in the mornings lately, but nothing to cry over.  They've certainly been worse.

So, overall, I expect 2 good visits with the men.

I'm not looking forward to doing this trip alone.  I'm flying.  Alone.  Did I mention that?  Airport security, plane seats belts, managing luggage, rental cars with slippery steering wheels and awful power steering .... I'm a little anxious.  Ok, maybe a lot.

Unfortunately, hubby had to cancel because of work.  It's going to be ok though.  I CAN do it.  I'm already prepared for some frustration.  Bonked knuckles.  Impatient travelers and TSA agents.

I CAN do this.  I WILL do this.  I'm packing light.  I'm not taking my laptop.  I have my Kindle and phone set up with apps to do everything web based that I "need" to do.  So, my carry on will be light.  No needed magazines or books or anything.  Just my camera, Kindle, phone, wallet, Cody, water bottle, and bottle opener.  Oh and my Snuggie.  I'm getting a new "travel steering cover"for my bag to use in the rental car.

I think I have my bases covered.

I can do this!

Wish me luck!

No comments: