Monday, January 30, 2012

Can They Fix My Elbows?

The new hand is still working out well.  It is FAR better than it was before.  Thank goodness for that.  I am really appreciating and enjoying the relief.

What I'm not appreciating are the ulcers forming on my elbows.  They start out as really deep, dry, almost scab-like skin.  Then they turn into sores or ulcers.  That, like my fingers, can last for months at a time.

I've been noticing that my elbows were tender the past few days.  By this afternoon, the right one is sore enough that I can't prop myself on it in bed.  I have to roll over with caution and care.  Hopefully, they heal quickly.

Today's afternoon nap ... 2 1/2 hours!  Holy cow!  I was feeling pretty energetic yesterday and today.  Getting a lot accomplished.  Yesterday's nap was just half an hour and did the trick.

Today, by the time I laid down at 2:30 I felt like I really had zero energy.  Tonight, I dont just feel like I have zero energy.  I actually do have zero energy.  I just want to sleep some more.

Which is a BAD thing.  I don't even have the energy to make dinner.  I can't even pull together a recipe because I'm all foggy and cant focus.  I just want to close my eyes some more.  I've been making nothing but healthy, clean meals for the past two weeks ... tonight we're eating crap.  Pizza Hut will be delivering to our front door.  I think I'll ask hubby to throw together a salad to go with the "crap" so I at least get something healthy in my there, too.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be back on my game.  I don't want to fall into the bad food rut, again.

No comments: