Friday, September 2, 2011

August Cardiologist

Just like last month, this month's cardiologist appointment was uneventful.

The only exciting news is that my bp was so low that the electronic machine couldn't read it. That's not unusual for me. However, it did get a pulse-ox reading. That IS unusual. Those things NEVER work on me. In surgeries, I end up with a baby pulse-ox strip stuck on my forehead. Nothing is ever run-of-the-mill for me.

So, as I said, the machine couldn't get a bp. The nurse couldn't hear it well enough to get one either. Instead, the 70 +/- doctor had to take it. He said it was low, but it should be. It was low before beta blockers. They make it even lower. 

After the usual interrogation of "are you experiencing any dizziness? Lightheadedness? Fainting spells?" and confirming I wasn't hiding anything from him, he determined all is good to go. Keep an eye out for any of those symptoms. Call immediately if they arise. Come back next month for your echo.

I was in and out of his office so quickly that I didn't even have to pay for parking.

 I'm OK with that!

No comments: