Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The list

In an effort to feel like a somewhat contributing member of society, I volunteer a couple hours a week at the local animal rescue.  Everyone already knows that.  I also wanted to do something to help kids.  I found a great place here in Tampa that needs volunteers.  I filled out the application, took the tour, set up the appointment for the necessary finger printing portion of the background investigation.

See where I'm going with this?

I drove the 40ish minutes to the fingerprint place, to leave with not 1 single usable fingerprint.  I knew this would be the case.  I wasn't surprised.  I had this issue the previous 2 years when trying to get fingerprinted for my work badge.

Doesn't mean it's not frustrating and disheartening to be reminded.

Knowing it was going to happen still didn't hold back the tears when I got to the car.

It's just another addition to the list.  The list of things Sclero makes it impossible for LoJo to do.

2 comments:

simone said...

My bank switched to a code+handprint scan access system... Yeah. Like that will ever happen.

And it's just easier to say I broke my hand so I need them to pull the contract so I can get to the box. People don't question that.

simone said...

Access to the vault with the safe-deposit box...