Friday, December 17, 2010

Bouncing Back

The past few weeks have had more aches and pains and ulcered fingers than I've had in 8 months.  The weather here has been unseasonably cold.  Agitating those deep arthritis aches.

The aches and inability to move well have kept me home a couple of times.  In my pjs, on the sofa, with the electric blanket, meds, and lots of green tea.  I've skipped a couple of yoga classes.  Canceled a riding therapy session.

Earlier this week I made a whirlwind trip to the frigid "north county" where my family resides.  I left Tampa on Monday at 6 p.m., had a long, cold (-10 degrees) layover in Detroit, and finally arrived in Elmira, NY at 3 a.m. on Tuesday.  Took care of some family business and was back on a southbound plane Wednesday afternoon.

I knew when I arrived home that I'd be down for at least a day.  Yesterday, when I woke, everything hurt.  I couldn't raise my arms at all.  No yoga, and another day on the sofa.

Today, I feel much better.  Still achey, but mobile.  I made it to riding therapy.  I didn't do any reigning today because my hands are super sore and sensitive.  Everything else went well.

I feel like I've had a lot of aches and down days the past two weeks.  I also realize I'm able to bounce back much more quickly than before.

As quickly as the weather has gone from the 40s back to the high 70s, I too have recovered quickly.  Bounced back fast.

Something more to be thankful for!

No comments: