Thursday, November 18, 2010

Choosing the right OB/GYN

We all know how much women LOVE going to see the OB/GYN.  I think it must be ranked right up there with root canals on our list of "fun things to do."

Choosing one of these doctor's is just as fun!  You always want a doctor to be someone you like.  They are after all taking care of your health and well-being.  You want someone makes you feel comfortable.  Someone you trust.  Someone who knows what they're doing.

Definitely the case when you're picking someone to "get all up in your lady business"

After the military, I was lucky to find a gyn that was great.  I loved her.  I was a little sad to "let her go."  She didn't do anything wrong.  She was great.  However, after I was diagnosed, she and I decided that I should probably transfer to the gyn that "the man" had suggested, as she has worked with other Sclero patients and would best be able to work with me from then on out.

My new gyn was great!  She rocked.  I loved her too.  She was young, but knowledgeable of Sclero and VERY helpful.  Had great suggestions for issues and how to deal with things.  She referred us to the good doc who we worked with for IVF.

Now, the issue is, I'm a bit behind on getting my exam and she was booked up last time I was in MD for appointments.  Do I wait and try to get in with her when I go back in May for appointments or do I try to find a new gyn here in FL?  Do I want someone young or someone who's older with more experience?

I'm thinking I might just push the appointment off for a little bit and try to get in with her when I go in May.  Might just be the easiest route.

No comments: